Friday, January 3, 2014

Rambling Thoughts

I welcomed in 2014 with open arms. This is the year I finally get my Bachelors degree and hopefully start work on my Masters degree. Today I officially have my first OPE interview scheduled, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. They have some things I really like about their program and offerings and somethings I wish were a bit different but I'm going to interview anyway. The only big downfall they have is that if I get offered an assistantship, I have to take the GRE in order to be in their program since I haven't taken it. I haven't scheduled an interview with Central Missouri yet, but I know I will have one. The University of North Dakota contacted me today to interview with them as well so who knows. 

I hope that in the coming weeks, the schools I applied to begin to let me know if I have done well enough to be selected for an interview with them. As for the time between now and then I have come to the conclusion that I need to work out what is most important to me and what my non negotiables are. Is the most important thing location? Stipend? Health insurance? Start date? Assistantship? These are only some of the items I've been looking at throughout this process. 

Good luck to everyone who is going through this process with me or anyone who will go through it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment