Monday, December 16, 2013

Fall Semester 2013

   Wow! I cannot believe this finals week completes my very last fall semester of my undergraduate career! I am so excited but also terrified at the same time. 2 graduate school applications are all but done and 2 are almost done/submitted. I want to be the person who gets multiple grad school offers and has to choose where they want to go, but I am very worried that I won't get in anywhere! 

  I have to remind myself that whatever is meant to be will find a way. I keep dreaming of grad school and what that will be like, and knowing I don't have a backup plan if that doesn't work is scary. I have been diligently working with a GHD, John Rios, on campus for my OPE items. John is so sweet and incredibly helpful. He offered to mentor me through this process and I will owe any of my OPE success to him and his help. We've met twice this semester so far and tomorrow he blocked off 3 hours of his day to help me again! 

   The waiting game from applications is upon us and I just have to keep busy to keep my mind off of everything, though I do receive daily emails from IUP (now if one of those just said I could interview I'd be a happy camper). My RA job is good at keeping me pre-occupied though and taking most of my attention off of waiting to hear back from schools about interviews. 

   I'm so close to graduation and grad school that I can taste it…now I just have to actually get there! Less than 5 months until I graduate, time is absolutely flying! I am loving where I am in life though, learning lots and trying to enjoy this season of life because I know it will never come again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment